Target Funding – General Operating Support (GOS) is a pilot program that will offer grants on a competitive basis to non-profit human services organizations providing services to children and youth in Bucks County. These grants, in amounts of $16,000, $25,000, or $50,000, will be awarded to eligible applicants that address the behavioral health needs for children, youth, and families in Bucks County. All applicants must provide a rationale for using the funds in their application. This rationale must explain how the funds will advance the mission and goals of the organization.
Carefully read all information below before starting the LOI process.
Use of Target Funding – GOS Grant Funds:
Target Funding – GOS grants are intended to give grantees flexibility to pursue their goals as they see fit to build strong and sustainable infrastructure to provide programs and services that will have the greatest impact.
Target Funding – GOS grants cannot be used for the following:
- Lobbying/political activities
- Religious activities
- Executive-level bonuses
Process and Deadlines:
- LOI Deadline: January 15, 2020.
- Organizations will be invited to an LOI meeting that is required before gaining access to the full Target Funding – GOS application.
- Application deadline: February 1, 2020.
Before accessing and completing a Target Funding GOS LOI in our online grant management system, organizations must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Nonprofit organization (NPO) is a 501c3 organization. Government agencies and public schools are not eligible.
- Nonprofit organization (NPO) mission aligns with that of FCP (view here)
- NPO has been in operation in Bucks County for 10 or more years
- NPO has been awarded five or more grants from FCP (and completed all reports) OR has been awarded at least two grants from FCP and served as an SYC Host Agency for at least three years
- NPO is recognized by a licensing or certifying organization in their field
- NPO has a Board of Directors, Policies and Procedures, and active Committees
- NPO has an operating Strategic Plan
- NPO is required to submit an annual review or independent audit to the PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations and has done so for the past three fiscal years
Following submission of a “Letter of Inquiry,” FCP will contact applicants to set up a pre-application meeting. FCP will require at least one Board member from the applying organization to attend the meeting. Grants are distributed in the spring.
Foundations Community Partnership (FCP) requires a full Due-Diligence review of all Target Funding – General Operating Support (GOS) applications. This process requires verification of non-profit status through “Guidestar,” a review of recent independent audits and financial statements, a pre-application meeting and, in some cases, a site visit. The process also follows the standards set by the “Council on Foundations” for Grantmaking Foundations.
Only complete applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed. Late applications, incomplete applications, or applications that are not consistent with the Mission, Values or other requirements of Foundations Community Partnership, will not be considered.
All Target Funding – GOS award recipients are required to provide an annual status update and a final report.